Thursday, December 29, 2011

Winter Park Bay, Ballintoy, Ireland

White Park bay, Ballintoy, Ireland
Had quite the day today...Sun, Rain, Sleet and howling winds sometimes hitting 60-70miles per hour -  wind that one could actually lean into....did manage to get around though doing the Scenic Causeway Coast Road.

Left Belfast and motored north and east to Larne where we picked up the Scenic Coastal Causeway. Then it was north to Glenarm, Cushendon, Ballycastle, Ballintoy (White Park Bay) and finally finished at the Giant's Causeway before motoring back to Belfast. Notice me picking up the lingo by saying 'motoring' instead of 'driving'. I like the word 'motoring'.....

Late yesterday I noticed that I forgot my DSLR battery charger at home but got lucky as Belfast has the only Calumet in Ireland. Also learned the Northern Ireland is actually British....guess I missed that in school....

Today's image was made at White Park Bay in the town of Ballintoy.  Fell onto it by accident - was looking at a church from the road and decided to see what was behind the church......got really lucky...

Have I mentioned how good the food is in Ireland....and the soda bread.....nuff said for tonight.....


No comments:

Post a Comment