Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Creating Textures with Artista Haiku

iPhone tip 102: Creating  textures in Photo Artista Haiku...............

1. Import an image into Artista Haiku: I started with hispstamatic image of graffiti:

2. Pick a style under icon 1: my choice was Abstract 1.....

3. Play with the sliders under icon 2 : my settings below......

Image after applying the settings above........

4. Add a texture under icon 3: totally subjective.....try a few - you can also save and continue to stack background textures to taste.....

I then blended this using the application Blender in the OVERLAY mode....note that the most textures show through the lighter areas which is indicative of this blending mode......You can see the texture showing through the headlights......


You can also take an image you like - create a halftone type texture - then place the original image back on top as a separate layer - I will show you this tomorrow if I survive the party I am going to tonight......


Remember to save your texture as a preset......

The way that layers interact with other layers in the layer stack is determined by blending mode of the upper layer - more on this tomorrow....

1 comment:

  1. Outstanding, Harry. I tend to not like most of the "papers" in Haiku for my images but now that I see this post I can see that they're marvelous textures. Seeing what is right in front of you is an art.

    ReplyDelete