Monday, May 9, 2011

Roger Daltry

Roger Daltry

'There are places I'll remember
All my life, though some have changed
Some forever, not for better
Some have gone and some remain
All these places had their moments
With lovers and friends, I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
In my life, I've loved them all'....John Lennon
  
Next Saturday, May 21, I am making my first presentation at an Apple Store in Indianapolis, Indiana. The presentation is called 'Music and iPhone' and it joins these two parts of my life together. The concept for this presentation being my particular journey through life, coming from a small town, Atlantic City,  working in the music business for 40 years, and, over the past three years pursuing my lifetime avocation - Photography. The iPhone has been a large part of that transition.


As most of my music archives were shot with film I decided to re-process a few of these images in the iPhone and iPad in an attempt to make the transition from music to iPhone. In truth much of the fabric of my life has been songs and photographs. John Lennon, Henri Cartier Bresson, Arnold Newman, Irving Penn, John Prine, Yo Yo Ma, The Byrds to name just a few. I relate to different time periods and moods in my life with lyrics and/or images.

The image today is Roger Daltry, re-processed using the iPad2.

Original captured with a Nikon F series camera on Ektachrome Slide FIlm
scanned into the digital world using an Imacon/Hasselblad 343
sharpened in Photoforge
SketchmeeHD for texture
Dynamic light for underlying Orton effect
Photostudio for pencil paint 2
Artista Haiku for texture
Iris for blending
Filterstorm for mask blending and local tonality

No comments:

Post a Comment