Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Eddie Van Halen

Eddie Van Halen, 2004

I was the Tour Manager for Van Halen in 2004 - lovingly called Van-Hagar  - and was out on the road for the first 40 shows. Each night I would go into the audience and attempt to capture a classic Van Halen image.  The photograph above, in my mind, is one of those iconic VH images. Frankly I was amazed at how he was able to pull that off - but as you can see he is in great shape...

Yesterday while processing the image on my iPad2 James Ensor's painting, 'Christ's Entry into Brussels' came to mind. Seemed perfect to use this painting as a catalyst for today's post. The first time I saw the actual Ensor painting was at the Getty in Los Angeles several years back. Having only viewed this image in books or online I was stopped in my tracks by the enormity of scale - 99.5 inches by 169.5 inches...

Original image captured with a Nikon D300, 70-200MM lens
Image processed on the iPad2 using:

Photostudio
Filterstorm
Perfect Photo
AutoPainter

I am doing a workshop at Foto Care in New York next Saturday June 4 - see poster below. I wil be covering all aspects of using you iPhone and iPad to create images like the one above. Click here for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment